Cupid's Cookie Drop!
February 12, 2016
Nothing says “be mine” like homemade Valentine’s treats. And what better way to spread the love than by giving out fresh homemade baked goods? This Valentine’s Day, we’re sending some lovin’ straight from our oven to our industry partners and venues! Our chefs have baked beautiful (and delicious!) homemade sugar cookies, which have all been hand decorated by our fabulous creative team! We have a chocolate dipped variety, as well as a lemon iced and sugared cookies.
Here’s a look at the assembly of our delicious sweets for our industry sweets!
Almond Flavor Sugar Cookies
- 1½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a hand or stand mixer, cream together powdered sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, almond and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Sift together flour, soda and cream of tartar and add to sugar mixture, mix until well combined.
- Divide dough into two disc shapes, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Roll out dough to ? to ¼ inch thick and cut into cookie shapes. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove and cool on cookie sheet. Frost with royal icing.