A Matter of Taste
August 25, 2009
We hope you got a chance to join us at the bridal affair tasting this past Sunday 8.23.09.
Couples arrived to appetizers (displayed and hand butlered), an open bar, music by disc jockey Craig Lawrence of Red Hot Chamelion, and a reception area set with sample tables that allowed them the opportunity to “experience” their wedding before the fact. To my mind this can only help in building confidence and a sense of ease for the brides and grooms.
We then showcased a number of food service styles to assist them in experiencing the “feel” of how the foods are presented across the various wedding packages.
- Chefs attended a fresh pasta action station with fresh sauces like alfredo primavera, vodka and marinara along with a selection of fresh pastas and mix in ingredients.
- Chefs grilled gourmet meat selections on our commercial grille- french rack of pork with grilled peaches in soy, teriyaki chicken skewers, and balsamic beef filet kabobs
- A traditional buffet was served of stuffed chicken breast, cheddar mashed potatoes and green beans almondine
- As well as a display table of preplated sit-down inspirations. Butternut squash ravioli with brown butter sage and hazelnuts, Rosemary french rack of pork, Parmesan crusted tilapia filet, and Herb roasted Cornish game hen.
- During a question and answer segment of the event, we also arranged in advance to serve one of the tables family style with our porcelain bowls and platters.
- Of course we didn’t forget the cake samples either! Chocolate fudge with peanut butter cup, lemon sponge with lemon curd/raspberry puree, butter pecan with cream cheese glaze, and white with fresh fruit and creme.
Guests in attendance of this tasting got a full range of options presented to them that showcased the versatility and fine quality of the wedding services offered by Jody’s Pantry Catering.
Best wishes to the upcoming Brides and Grooms from Jody’s Pantry Catering!